- Final copy of the superintendent search position description. It has also been posted on the Leadership Associates website and will be provided to all applicants.
- Superintendent Julie Haff is retiring, read the PressBanner article here.
- February 4 was National Letter of Intent Signing Day-- this is when seniors officially commit to a university, committing their next 4-5 years of higher learning and Division I athletics. We have a District-wide commitment to preparing our students for college and career, read about our athletes in the Sentinel
- San Lorenzo Valley High School science project helps local air district, juniors Connor Lydon and Natalie Gallagher tracked temperature and elevation data the past two winters. Read about this project here in the Sentinel
- Attend our workshop "Encouraging your childs self-esteem" Thursday March 20 6-8pm. Click this link for more information
- Congratulations to SLVHS Girls Cross Country (Anna Maxwell, Claire MacMillan, Abbey Meck, Abby Sherman, Jessica Jensen, Jessica Germany, Katie Lamb) they are the State Division IV Champions and Anna Maxwell is the State Individual Div IV Champion. This is the fifth State Championship for SLV. Read the Sentinel article here.
- SLVHS students learn fish farming skills
- Personal Belief Exemption Form for Childhood Vaccination to Encourage Health Education
- Reference guide for issue relating to transgender and gender variant students
- SLVUSD unrolls new math curriculum, read the Sentinel article
- Read about the new high school Performing Arts Center in the HS school paper, here and here
- Truancy in Santa Cruz County, read the Sentinel article
- District Boundaries Map
- Interdistrict transfer instructions and application
- California Department of Education, TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN FAQs
- SLVUSD Transitional Kindergarten Info
Flyer Approval Process
- Community Opportunities Link
- New flyer approval process effective October 22, 2012 Instructions | Form
Attendance and Truancy Information
- Building the Habit of Good Attendance Early, English, Spanish
- Superintent's letter regarding improving school attendance, English, Spanish
- Student Attendance Policy
- What is truancy?
- "Attendance Codes used in Powerschool"
Measure O is a bond issue that was recently passed. Improvements to be made are: a new library, classrooms for SLE and BCE, improvements for the PAC and security and playground renovations. To view the measure and its progress in more detail click here
San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District has a long history in the beautiful redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains above the blue expanse of the Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary. The area served by the district is one of forested mountains adjacent to the San Lorenzo River which meanders through our valley. The District extends 17 miles north of Santa Cruz, south of Los Gatos, east of Bonny Doon and west of Scotts Valley. The schools of the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District serve as focal points of the communities along the river. The three main, but small, towns of Felton, Ben Lomond and Boulder Creek consist of small business areas surrounded by residential areas.
Students attend their local elementary school through fifth grade at either San Lorenzo Valley Elementary or Boulder Creek Elementary. Secondary years are spent at SLV Middle School and SLV High School. In addition, students have the choice of attending our SLVUSD Charter School.